Friday, February 5

G-L-E-E!




My name is Liz, and I may be obsessed with Glee. 



This is a great tv show. Of course, sometimes I feel like I may be too old to watch a show about a high school, but I can't help it. This show is good. Here's why:

  1. Finn  
 1. I've loved this name for years. 2. I think this part is well-played. Plus, he sings and plays the drums. In other words I may or may not have a small crush on a tv character.


  2. Sue Sylvester   
She's mean, but you can't help but laugh. "I thought I smelled failure..." And that's how Sue C's it!

  3. The music   
Here's a few songs they've performed (think Grease-style singing and dancing but more modern):

Maybe This Time                           Rehab                          Imagine
Can't Fight This Feeling                 Push It                         Single Ladies
Bust A Move                                  Alone                          Sweet Caroline
Somebody to Love                         Proud Mary                 Gold Digger
Defying Gravity (from Wicked!)    I'll Stand By You        Keep Holding On


  4. Rachel's voice   
Rachel is a little intense, but she is a great performer. When she sings, she can give you the chills. Lea Michele, who plays Rachel, is a former Broadway performer. She also has really good hair.



  5. The storylines   
Maybe this is me, but you'll find yourself smiling at the tv screen. The story plays off of insecurities of being in high school and prejudices we face every day. 


  6. The cast   
Every character on this show has little quirks that make you like them even more.

Two of my favorites: 
Emma Pillsbury, a germ-a-phobic who wears J.Crew and speaks in a weird voice.
Quinn, who talks in these sassy, kind of embarrassing phrases.



  7. Guest stars     

I love Kristin Chenoweth. I love her versions of "Alone" and "Maybe This Time." I've heard other stars like Idina Menzel (Wicked) are guest-starring when the new season starts.



Of course, there are moments that I am a little embarrassed, i.e. the scene with the Thong Song. Overall, this is a great show, even if it is a little gimmicky but what musical performance isn't? If you like the tone of the Soup (Sue's snarky comments) or Broadway tunes, I think you'll like Glee.

Haven't seen any episodes?  Check out Wheels, it's one of my very favorites. I cried, multiple times. And if you know me well, I usually am the one not crying when everyone else is, so you know this episode is touching.

No comments: